My research focuses on understanding how people interact with information in onliny systems. Broadly, the topics I have researched include recommender systems, information systems, user modelling and personalization. Specific focuses have been on
- Evaluation: what it is that people expect from intelligent systems
- Reproducibility: how can we recreate the results that others have attained
- Context: how relevance changes depending on the situation in which a person uses the system
- Health: how can intelligent information systems be used to help people lead healthier lives
- BIDAF: A smarter society through Big Data analytics
- RiVal: Open Source recommender systems evaluation toolkit
- CrowdRec: Crowd-powered recommendation for continuous digital media access and exchange in social networks. FP7.
- KMuLE: Context-based Movie Recommendation
- Decision Cockpit: Quantitative Real-Time Organizational IT Risk Management
- SPREE: Community-Based Information Exchange Network
Invited talks (selected)
- Comparative Benchmarking of Information Access and Retrieval Systems. Software Engineering Seminar, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden, 2016.
- User Interaction and Context in Information Systems. Interaction Design Seminar, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden, 2016.
- Multilingual Topic Classification with LDA. CIM Workshop on Machine Learning, Uppsala University, Sweden, 2015.
- Multimedia Recommender Systems. Aalborg University Copenhagen, Denmark, 2014.
- Evaluating Recommender Systems. SICS, Sweden, 2014.
- Context-aware Evaluation of Recommender Systems. Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands, 2013.